- COVID 19
Throughout the pandemic, we have employed robust Health and Safety management principles to keep colleagues and customers safe and well, whilst enabling the business to continue to trade by following Government advice.
As the UK moves into the last phase of easing of restrictions (July 2021), the Group will be treating the risks associated with COVID-19 as we do any other workplace Health and Safety hazard. The guidance for this is set out in the documents below.
We will continue to follow the UK Government’s guidance and respect the devolved nations stance on specific issues and we remain committed to working closely with local and national authorities, customers, suppliers and the wider industry to maintain safety and wellbeing.
Staying COVID-19 Secure
1. Our Social Distancing Principles:
We have taken the Government's guidance as well as guidance from other reputable, trusted organisations and applied sound risk management principles to develop our Social Distancing Principles.
2. Managing Risk
We are ensuring that we observe strict Social Distancing Principles across the business and that we meet the requirements of the Government's Staying COVID-19 Secure.
3. Assurance Arrangements
We have arrangements in place to ensure that our businesses comply with our Social Distancing Principles and follow the three-lines of defence principle:
- - 1st Line of Defence - Local Manager Self Assessment and Line Manager Reviews (Initial Assessments completed, review COVID arrangements monthly)
- - 2nd Line of Defence - Reviews of sites carried out either remotely or in-person by our HSE Team (all sites have been visited)
- - 3rd Line of Defence - An independent review of our COVID-19 Secure assurance arrangements (completed by HASTAM June 2020)
4. Our Head Office COVID-19 Risk Assessment
The vast majority of our Head Office-based colleagues are working from home. However, there are a small number of colleagues who need to be based in our Head Office to perform business critical support activities. Our COVID-19 Risk Assessment, which details how we are keeping them safe and well is available here.