High performance, plasticizer free, acoustic mat for use as a soft covering in soundproofing and noise reduction applications. It provides a fixed resilient layer for floor construction. It is primarily used in concrete floor systems to achieve Approved Document Part E compliance, but can also be used in general sound proofing applications. It has excellent impact energy absorption properties.
- Thin layer which lays flat when installed.
- Main acoustic component of the Robust Detail E-FC-9 and E-FC-10 constructions.
- Exceeds the Approved Document Part E 17dB reduction requirement for soft coverings.
- Continues to perform for the lifetime of the building.
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating.
- Simple installation.
- Tested by CERAM, SATRA and the British Carpet Technical Centre.
- Dense and robust – not subject to any discernible compression that can cause ‘bounce’ and creaking (which can be associated with soft foam underlays.