British Gypsum Metal I Studs are the strongest available in the Gypframe range. They allow for increased partition height, without increasing partition width and provide improved impact resistance. Commonly used in ShaftWall, GypLyner IWL, GypWall QUIET IWL and other GypWall systems where board fixing strength is paramount.
- Manufactured from the UltraSTEEL™ manufacturing process which alters the characteristics of plain steel, providing higher strength capacity at a lighter gauge
- UltraSTEEL™ is unique to British Gypsum and the Gypframe product range. Along with an aesthetic difference, UltraSTEEL™ provides additional benefits over plain steel, these being improved yield strength, improved load carrying capacity, improved screw retention and strip out strength and improved resistance to screw pull-out
- Gypframe metal products are produced to the European manufacturing standard EN 14195: 2008 and are manufactured under a quality system independently audited and certified as conforming to ISO 9001: 2008. The EN 14195: 2008 standard does not cover component design or system performance
- Up to 50% lighter than equivalent timber systems, and up to 70% lighter than blockwork, Gypframe metal products are easier to transport and offer a high strength to weight ratio for guaranteed performance and long life.
- Gypframe components are easy to cut on site, non-flammable and won’t rot, twist or warp. They can be stored outside and installed in any weather, making it easier to schedule work